Saluting those who served with the 73rd "Bar Flies." Established in late 1941 as a pursuit squadron in the Hawaii Territory with some early model Curtiss P-40C Warhawks, most aircraft were destroyed on the ground at Wheeler Field during the Pearl Harbor Attack. The squadron was reassigned to Bellows Field for re-equipping, and redesignated as a Fighter Squadron assigned to the new Seventh Air Force. Deployed to Midway Island after the Battle of Midway as a defensive squadron, providing air defense of the island. The Squadron received P-47D Thunderbolts in late 1943 and was deployed to Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. During the Marianas Campaign, they worked closely with Marine ground forces, pioneered close infantry support and employed the first use of napalm. The squadron received the new long range P-47Ns in early 1945, before moving on to support Marines on Okinawa.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
73rd Bombardment Squadron